Hello my friends. For those of you who got inundated earlier today with puppy food commercials written in latin. My apologies. I was tinkering with the theme here on the blog and imported sample content. I forgot that I have my blog automatically publish new content all over the place and send it to my subscribers via email. In other words my blog thought the sample content was new content and had a field day posting it everywhere. Again, my sincere apologies. To make up for it I am going to post the recipe to my now locally famous Whiskey Chocolate Pecan Pie dedicated to my Great Grandmother Sally Mae. She always made me my own chocolate pie every holiday so… it makes me happy to remember her when I am baking pies. Here goes!
Sally Mae’s Whiskey Chocolate Pecan Pie Recipe
- 2/3 cup sugar – OH yes baby, gimmee the sugar baby…
- 1/3 cup butter go get that salted butter right now. I like salted butter but you know, if that is not your thing, only slightly judging you. You do you unsalty boo, if that kinda butter boo is you.
- 1 cup corn syrup – Karo is fine… but Alaga Syrup will make your toes curl.
- 2 tablespoons of Jack Daniels – If you want to commit blasphemy, you can replace this with other whiskey or high end bourbon. But you get extra credit for a 3rd tablespoon
I advise trying the regular recipe first and adjust according to taste accordingly. Also, it never hurts to make sure the Jack Daniels hasn’t gone stale by drinking several Jack and cokes during the baking process.. Indeed, “quality control” is so important :::hiccup:::
- 1/2 teaspoon salt – Just l’il bit’ll do ya!
- 3 eggs – I like the large brown organic range free happy chicken eggs. #Resist the system, and don’t be a monster; get brown organic range free happy chicken eggs.
- 1 cup pecan halves … it can be chopped, halves. Whichever you prefer. I think the halves are prettier.
- 4 oz of semisweet mini chocolate chips — original called for 6 ounces of the regular semisweet chips and y’all it ain’t as easy to work with and with all that MMMMmmmmmmMMMM Sugar … You got enough goin’ on baby. Nobody is going to miss that 2 ounces of chocolate… I promise.
Poor Another Jack & Coke and Let’s Get This Baking Thing Done!
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In large bowl, beat sugar, butter, corn syrup, Jack Daniels, 1/2 teaspoon salt and the eggs with wire whisk or hand beater. Stir in pecans. Line the bottom of the pastry with the mini semi-sweet chocolate chips. Pour mixture into pastry-lined pie plate slowly. Cover edge of pastry with 2- to 3-inch strip of foil to prevent excessive browning.
- Gurrrrrllll! After all the grueling work… refresh that drink!
- Bake 40 to 50 minutes or until set, removing foil for last 15 minutes of baking. Cool 30 minutes. Refrigerate until chilled, about 2 hours.
You got all that?! Good, now invite me over so I can have a piece of your Sally Mae’s Whiskey Chocolate Pecan Pie! I am making like a million of these pies every holiday season for my loved ones and never get to eat any of it. I am lying so you will invite me over so I can have more.
There you go. Please enjoy and once again, my apologies for the inundation of sample posts if you got hit with those.